Dungeons & Dragons - Hoard of the Dragon Queen
Greedy halfling with a knack for staying hidden.
- Lucky: When Arradel rolls a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, she can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
- Brave: She has advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
- Halfling Nimbleness: She can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than her own.
- Naturally Stealthy: She can attempt to hide even when she is obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than herself.
- Expertise: Arradel doubles her proficiency bonus for the investigation and perception skills.
- Sneak Attack: Once per turn, she can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature she hits with an attack if she has advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. She does not need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and she does not have disadvantage on the attack roll. The amount of extra damage increases as she gains levels in this class.
- Thieves’ Cant: She has learned a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows her to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves’ cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly. In addition, she understands a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves’ guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
- Cunning Action: Arradel’s quick thinking and agility allow her to move and act quickly. She can take a bonus action on each of her turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
- Criminal Contact: Arradel has a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as her liaison to a network of other criminals. She knows how to get messages to and from her contact, even over great distances; specifically, she knows the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for her.
Arradel has always lived a life of greed. Stealing is how she stayed alive at an early age. It’s also what landed her in trouble with the local guard of a large town to the south of The Sword Coast. After attempting to steal some precious jewels during a festival she was apprehended and forced into the protective care of a nearby orphanage.
While growing up at the orphanage she met Spackles. The two grew to trust each other, despite their immoral reputations, and have been close ever since.